About the Program
In order to be considered for the Spring 2020 Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program, you must submit the following through our online application form:
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Three Published News Articles
Submit a copy of three published news articles, preferably in English. If the articles are not in English, a translation should be submitted along with the original articles.
For TV or radio journalists, please include links to your video/audio files in a PDF or Word document along with English transcriptions.
- 500 Word Personal Essay
An essay of about 500 words describing your interest in the program and what goals you hope to achieve through the program
- Proof of English Proficiency (if applicable)
Non-native English speakers must submit proof of English proficiency (waived if undergraduate or graduate degree was obtained in a college/university where English is the primary language of instruction or in an English-speaking country). Examples of proof of English proficiency include:
- Certificates or standardized test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, ACT, Cambridge, Duolingo, etc.)
- English equivalency diploma or certificate awarded by accredited national education institution
- Work experience in an English-speaking office with letter from manager affirming language skills
Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. Central Time (Chicago) on October 20, 2019 for consideration.