About the Program
In order to be considered for the Spring 2019 Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program, you must submit the following through our online application form:
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Letters may be submitted with the rest of your application materials or, if your letter writers prefer to submit their letters directly, they can be sent by email or mail to:
University of Chicago Booth School of Business
5807 S Woodlawn Ave
Chicago, IL 60637
- Three Published News Articles
Submit a copy of three published news articles, preferably in English. If the articles are not in English, a translation should be submitted along with the original articles.
For TV or radio journalists, submit your video/audio files along with English transcriptions.
- 500 Word Personal Essay
An essay of about 500 words describing your interest in the program and what goals you hope to achieve through the program
- Proof of English Proficiency (if applicable)
Non-native English speakers must submit proof of English proficiency (waived if undergraduate or graduate degree was obtained in a college/university where English is the primary language of instruction or in an English-speaking country). Examples of proof of English proficiency include:
- Certificates or standardized test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, ACT, Cambridge, Duolingo, etc.)
- English equivalency diploma or certificate awarded by accredited national education institution
- Work experience in an English-speaking office with letter from manager affirming language skills
Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. Central Time (Chicago) on October 15, 2018 for consideration.
The application opens August 1, 2018.