About the Program
The application for the Spring 2020 Stigler Center Journalists in Residence Program is closed.
If interested in applying for future programs, you must submit the following through our online application form when it launches:
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Three Published News Articles
Submit a copy of three published news articles, preferably in English. If the articles are not in English, a translation should be submitted along with the original articles.
For TV or radio journalists, please include links to your video/audio files in a PDF or Word document along with English transcriptions.
- 500 Word Personal Essay
An essay of about 500 words describing your interest in the program and what goals you hope to achieve through the program
- Proof of English Proficiency (if applicable)
Non-native English speakers must submit proof of English proficiency (waived if undergraduate or graduate degree was obtained in a college/university where English is the primary language of instruction or in an English-speaking country). Examples of proof of English proficiency include:
- Certificates or standardized test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, ACT, Cambridge, Duolingo, etc.)
- English equivalency diploma or certificate awarded by accredited national education institution
- Work experience in an English-speaking office with letter from manager affirming language skills
Applications for the Spring 2020 Journalists in Residence program must have been received by 11:59 p.m. Central Time (Chicago) on October 20, 2019 for consideration.
Interested applicants should check back next year for future program and application dates.