The George J. Stigler Center for the Study of the Economy and the State is pleased to announce the recipients of 2016-17 Stigler PhD Award and Bradley Fellowship.
Applications were received from twenty-three PhD students, a diverse group representing three universities and ten degree programs. Students were selected for their academic excellence and rigorous research on topics relating to the political, economic, and cultural obstacles to better working markets.
Stigler PhD Award Winners
- Simcha Barkai, Joint Program in Financial Economics, University of Chicago Economics and Chicago Booth
- Krisztina Orban, Economics, University of Chicago
- Natasha Piano, Political Science, University of Chicago
- Silvia Beltrametti, Law, University of Chicago Law School
- Matthias Breuer, Accounting, Chicago Booth
- Simone Lenzu, Economics, University of Chicago
- Andrey Simonov, Quantitative Marketing, University of Chicago