Swingbyte is a mobile golf swing analyzer and visualizer. Patent-pending device that captures the trajectory of a golf club, relays it to a smart phone and then the web for instantaneous and subsequent analysis.
NVC Team Members: Brian Payne, MBA ’13, Alex Pedenko, MBA ’13, and Nathan Wojtkiewicz, MBA ’13
Track: Traditional NVC
Place: 3rd Place (tie)
Favorite NVC Memory: Received a standing ovation for having a working prototype.
How NVC Helped the Most: Learning how to pitch.
Company Founded: 2010
- Alex Pedenko, MBA ’13, Cofounder and CEO
- Nathan Wojtkiewicz, MBA ’13, Cofounder and VP of Operations
Headquartered: Chicago, Illinois (USA)
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Social Media: @swingbyte
Funding Raised: Yes (see Crunchbase)
- Tied for third place at the Edward L. Kaplan, ’71, New Venture Challenge (NVC) finals in 2011
- Won the MIT Sloan competition in 2013
- Recognized as a Chicago Innovation Awards winner in 2014
- Launched Virtual Coach in November 2015