Bump Technologies (acquired by Google) was an iOS and Android application that enabled smartphone users to transfer contact information, photos and files between devices.
NVC Team Members: David Lieb, Jacob Mintz, Dominic Hofstetter, Lars Bergstrom, and Andy Huibers
Track: Traditional NVC
Place: 1st Place
Company Founded: 2009
Industry: Consumer Technology, Social Networking
Social Media: @bumptech
Funding Raised: Yes (see Crunchbase)
- Won first place at the Edward L. Kaplan, ’71, New Venture Challenge (NVC) finals in 2009
- Won the Emerging Technology Award in 2010 from the San Jose/Silicon Valley Business Journal under "mobile"
- Named Best Overall Consumer App on TiE50's Top 50 Startups list 2011
- Cofounder Jacob Mintz listed in Forbes' 2011 "30 Under 30"
- Had over 125 million downloads by February 2013
- Acquired by Google in September 2013 for an undisclosed amount
- Bump was removed from the App Store and Google Play on January 31, 2014
Status: No longer in business