Founded in 1999, the James M. Kilts Center for Marketing advances marketing at Chicago Booth by sponsoring faculty research, supporting innovations in the marketing curriculum, funding scholarships for MBA and PhD students, and creating engaging programs aimed at enhancing the careers of students and alumni.
The Kilts Center is transforming marketing by focusing its efforts on five key areas:
- Attracting the best marketing students with an analytical and integrated approach to marketing, and supporting these students through fellowships, scholarships, and mentoring.
- Equipping students with sophisticated marketing skills that enable them to make an immediate impact.
- Facilitating career success and community by creating venues in which students can make connections with each other and with top marketing recruiters.
- Engaging alumni leaders and making an impact by celebrating their achievements and encouraging them to share the insights they accrue at the top of their industries.
- Supporting thought leadership with assets like the Nielsen datasets and a prolific assembly of permanent and visiting faculty.