Stay connected with us by signing up for our newsletter. You’ll receive regular news updates and featured profiles of faculty, alumni, recruiters, and students. Sign up for Kilts eNews »
Here are some highlights from past issues so you can find out what's happening in marketing at Chicago.
- Spring 2015 - As the end of the academic year approaches and we prepare to bid farewell to our graduates, we are pleased to share with you some recent news on faculty research, student successes, and alumni leaders.
- Winter 2015 - In autumn, we saw the initiation of Kilts Marketing Week, an eight-day series of events that brought together nearly 500 MBA students and alumni around the field of marketing. On the faculty side, we are excited to introduce you to a new addition to our group, Abigail Sussman.
- Spring 2014 - We are excited to bid farewell to our marketing graduates and are pleased to share with you a few of our recent achievements. Notable events from this year include the Kilts Center's inaugural Marketing Insights conference and record participation in the Kilts mentoring program.
- Winter 2014 - We want to share with you some of our winter highlights, including a feature on Kilts Marketing Fellow Cindy Chow, '14, who is working on her post-graduation plans; some thoughts on pop-culture icon Beyoncé from Pradeep Chintagunta; and Steering Committee member Brad McLane's views on the rigor of Booth's discipline.
- Summer 2012 - We are pleased to share with you the online version of Marketing at Chicago Booth, an annual publication of the Kilts Center for Marketing at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. The issue features student and alumni achievements, faculty research, and profiles of top recruiters who come to Chicago Booth in search of the best marketing talent.
- Spring 2011 - Our Spring newsletter features stories about Kilts Center's Spring Marketing Day, a talk by Google executives, thoughts on social coupons, and a highlights of a study by professor Jean-Pierre Dubé on whether digital video recorders influence sales.
- Fall 2010 - This issue features a recent study by Günter Hitsch that shows how forecasting the adoption of new products depends not only on what consumers might by, but when they might buy it.
- Spring 2010 - This issue features a study by professor Ayelet Fishbach and Minjung Koo, PhD '09, on how standing in a queue provides information about the value of a product, plus tips and videos about successful online marketing.
- Fall 2009 - This issue features a video on managing strong brands by professor Ann McGill, research on the persistence of brand shares from marketing professors Jean-Pierre Dubé and Sanjay Dhar, and research on complementary service effects in the broadband internet market by professor Pradeep Chintagunta and assistant professor Ting Zhu.
- Summer 2009 - Research by Aparna Labroo on "If Something Is Difficult, It Must Be Important To Achieving Goals: and Günter Hitsch on "Matching and Sorting in Online Dating"; and an interview with Oleg Urminsky.
- Winter 2009 - News about a major expansion to Chicago Booth’s Marketing Data Center; research by Pradeep Chintagunta on "The Impact of Online Word-of-Mouth on Offline New Product Sales"; and an article about a presentation by Ann Mukherjee, ’94, Group Vice President, Marketing, Frito-Lay North America VP, on "Breaking Through the Digital Clutter."
- Fall 2008 - Research by Jean-Pierre Dubé, Günter Hitsch, and Peter Rossi on "Do Switching Costs Make Markets Less Competitive?"; an article about how Pete Carrillo, '98, turned to the center for real life marketing advice for his salsa business; and a story about a marketing intern made a lasting impression at Kraft.